Notre Dame is considered a jewel of medieval Gothic architecture receiving 14 million visitors a year
1. Notre-Dame's Construction began in 1163, during the reign of King Louis VII, and was completed in 1345 and it underwent major restorations by the French architect E.-E. Viollet-le-Duc in 1800s'.
2. Notre-Dame is a house for Crown of thrones "the most precious and most venerated relic" many believe was worn by Jesus Christ.
3. Britain's King Henry VI was crowned King of France in the cathedral in 1431. Also, the coronation of Napoleon Bonaparte was undertaken in Notre-Dame Paris.
4. Notre-Dame also houses the famous gargoyles which basically serve to drain rainwater, later became purely decorative.
5. Notre Dame Cathedral catches fire yesterday (15th April'19) and French Billionaires & people around the world have already pledged to donate for rebuilding the structure making the total amount of donation more than 600 million Euros ($679 million) as of now (16th April - 9 PM IST).
Have you ever visited Notre Dame? or You know other amazing facts about the Cathedral ? Comment Below and let us know :)